Have you heard of weight loss with HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin)? HCG is the human pregnancy hormone, found to help with weight loss in the 1950s by a British doctor in Rome, Dr. A. T. W. Simeons. It was originally only available as HCG injections, but now there are HCG homeopathic drops that also work.
Dr. Simeons was an endocrinologist who was aware of Frohlich’s syndrome, where teenage boys have too much fat on their hips and thighs. HCG was being used for these teenage boys with success to lose their hip and thigh fat. He thus realized that HCG could be used to help overweight people lose weight, by breaking down their fat reserves, and by eating very low calorie diets for speedy weight loss. The idea is that a person can go on a very low calorie diet because HCG can be used to break down their fat reserves and supply them with much of the energy they need to sustain themselves (keeping hunger in check by utilizing already stored fat energy while eating few calories). He then went on to write his world famous book “Pounds and Inches” detailing his HCG weight loss protocols.
HCG for weight loss, in homeopathic form, is cheap, safe, and fast. However, if you search for the HCG drops, they sometimes seem elusive. The FDA has been cracking down on HCG homeopathic drops sellers because no one has been regulating supplements and some people complain about getting sold placebo (a substance with no therapeutic effect) drops. The FDA also recommends that patients on HCG be watched by their physician while on the 500 calorie days. The formula recommended here has FDA approval now.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.” Sam Levenson
Basic HCG weight loss regimen
Weigh yourself daily and record it. A digital scale is best, with 0.1 digit accuracy.
Place 10 HCG drops under tongue 15 minutes before each main meal, 3x/day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Avoid things that deactivate homeopathics like 1) high heat (store HCG drops in refrigerator then in your purse (not a hot car) and 2) mint flavor (mint gum, toothpaste, etc.).
- Day 1 + 2: 2 gorge days. Start HCG drops (before each meal under tongue) but at each meal eat as much food/calories as possible to store new fat (helps avoid hunger during the first days of the HCG restricted diet)
- Day 3 – 23: 500 calorie diet (patients that have 10 – 20 lbs to loose)
- Day 3 – 40: 500 calorie diet (patients that have 20-40 lbs to loose)
Breakfast: Liquids. e.g. tea, coffee, lemonade (w/ stevia sweetener only) (also 1 Tablespoon of low fat milk allowed per day).
Lunch: 3 – 4 ounces meat (2 eggs if vegetarian), a vegetable, a fruit, and a grissini breadstick
Dinner: Same as lunch, but switch meat type
Benefits of HCG Diet:
- Higher metabolism
- Lower weight Set Point (without yo-yo effect back to old weight)
- Get off Carbohydrate (sugar/bread/pasta/grains) Addictions
Who should avoid the HCG diet? People with:
- difficult to control insulin dependent diabetes
- uterine fibroids
- acute infections
- severe injury
- heart attack (need stable EKG for at least 3 months in a row)
If you feel hungry on the HCG diet and to supplement your liquids for the day and give you some extra electrolytes, it’s OK to add:
- any herbs to your meals (fresh or dried), like arugula, basil, cilantro, parsley
- pure chicken/beef/vegetable broths, or bone broths, or bouillon cubes (just add hot water) (made from pure ingredients)
Supplies helpful to have on the HCG diet:
- George Foreman grill (or similar grill) to drip away the fat from the meat before eating
- Digital body weight scale (e.g. 100.1 lbs)
- Kitchen scale (to weight 3 – 4 ounces of meat prior to cooking)
- HCG Weight Loss Cure Guide by Linda Prinster (how-to guide on how to use HCG drops for maximum success)
- Simple HCG Drops (Hormone Free) found on Amazon