No actual “acai” is found in this recipe, but it looks and tastes just like that classic bowl you’d get at your local juice/smoothie place, using wild organic blueberries instead.
“Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand.” Mother Teresa
Smoothie Bowl recipe:
- 2 frozen bananas*
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen wild organic blueberries**
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- 1/2 cup H20
Topping ideas: sliced fresh bananas/apples/pears, fresh berries, unsweetened coconut flakes, shelled hemp seeds, sliced almonds.
- Combine all of above ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Add toppings of your choice (see above ideas).
- Enjoy as soon as possible, before it melts!
* I like to freeze any bananas that are going black quicker than I can eat them, since they are perfect for recipes such as this; so just peel them & store them in a freezer baggie,
**Trader Joe’s reliably has these in stock in their frozen section.